The Club Open Day is a great opportunity to register for the season, pay subscriptions and get the admin out of the way before the season really gets under way. But it’s also a great time to catch up with friends and find out what’s happening in the coming season.
Come along to the Cricket Ground (the Anglo American Playing Fields off Catons Lane) between 10:00 and 2:00 on Saturday 23rd April. Highlights include:
- The now traditional raising of the flag
- Official opening of the new nets by Sir Alan Haselhurst MP
- Registering for the new season and paying subscriptions
- Opportunities to buy sports kit, new and secondhand
- Finding out more about Bridge End Gardens
- Coaching from Nigel Tegg (HelpMyCricket) – Nigel is very kindly offering some free coaching sessions for children at the Open Day. There is a group session for new members of those who think they might be interested in learning to play – this is from 10:45 to 11:30. There is also a group session for those who have played or trained with the club before – this is from 12:30 to 1:15. Nigel has also kindly agreed to give some short one-to-one taster sessions. To book one of these, please email Nigel direct on [email protected]
- Jamie Duke from the Sports Injury Clinic will be offering advice
- James Legg is running a hardball nets session for U10s to prepare for some matches early in the season
- And of course, there will be a bar and refreshments!
- And you can meet CROCUS BEAR – on sale for £10, and hoping to be welcomed into every cricketing family!